Yin Yoga - Metal Element
G R I E F is the Emotion of Metal Element
How Can We Balance It Using Yin Yoga?
M E T A L E L E M E N T
What Organs are we Targeting?
- Lungs and Large Intestine Meridians than run on the upper body.
- Asanas Sequence:
Supported fish pose
Reclining twist savasana
- Hold the poses for 3-5 minutes each, with 1-2 min rebound in between. Enjoy it!!!!
What is the Metal Energy About?
- Right now in the Northern hemisphere is in the Metal season, which is Fall / Autumn.
- It’s the season where energy starts to go more inside, time of letting go and becoming more still, preparing for winter.
- The ascendancy of Yin consuming the fiery Yang of summer is palpable. The trees shed their leaves, drawing their energy inward.
- We too, innately shift from the external, expansive yang quality of spring and summer, and ease into an internal, reflective state of being.
Which Processes the Metal Energy Supports?
- The energy of this season, more than any other, supports our letting go of the waste, the old and stale in our lives
- Leaving us receptive to the pure and new, granting us a vision of who we are in our essence.
- It moves us to eliminate what we no longer need, reveals again what is most precious in our lives.
How Metal Element Affects our Emotions?
- Grief is the emotion of the Metal element.
- We all experience loss, separation, and “letting go,” and we appropriately feel grief at those times.
How Does Metal Impact our Minds?
- When the energy of Metal is blocked or imbalanced within us, our expression of grief likewise becomes imbalanced and inappropriate.
- It may be excessive and ongoing.
- Or, in the other extreme, it may be absent, as in those who cannot express their grief.
What Are The Benefits of a Balanced Metal Element?
- Grief cleanses us of what is no longer needed in our lives.
- Processing grief properly, reflects in a more peaceful state of mind, improving overall wellbeing